[ClusterLabs] (Not) Coming in 1.1.18: deprecating stonith-enabled

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Oct 23 16:40:34 EDT 2017

Well, this turned out to be trickier than initially imagined.

It's actually related to a broader issue in the policy engine that has
only been addressed piecemeal, which is that we need to make sure the
learning of a given piece of information happens before there is a need
to use it.

To properly deprecate stonith-enabled, we'll have to move more of the
information-gathering to the beginning of the policy engine's process.
As part of that, I'll probably try to define more clearly the
information that can be relied on at any given point.

In any case, that's a bigger project than the 1.1.18 (or 2.0.0) time
frame.