[ClusterLabs] Antw: changing on-fail action default

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Oct 19 07:57:31 UTC 2017

Nachricht <20171019074630.GA23856 at pcnci.linuxbox.cz>:
> Hi fellow pacemaker users,

Hi!

> I'd like to ask, if it is possible to change on-fail default action.
> I don't want it to be "fence" but "block" even for clusters with fencing.

This would mean any cluster with a problem would require manual intervention!

> but I don't want to have to change it for each resource..
>
> is it possible to set global default?

See above. Still I understand what you are asking for. What's missing in pacemaker is a "time to fix the mess" interval (I vaguely remember HP-UX ServiceGuard had such a thing): So if the cluster detects a problem that would cause a node fencing, the cluster waits whether things change within some seconds or minutes, and then (if things are still bad) the node is fenced. However if the reason for fencing is no longer there, no fencing will be done...
As far as I understand pacemaker, a fencing request cannot be revoked once issued  (it's in the queue of actions).

Maybe someone with deeper insight can enlighten us ;-)

Regards,
Ulrich