[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker resource parameter reload confusion

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 09:50:32 EDT 2017

On Fri, 2017-09-22 at 18:30 +0200, Ferenc Wágner wrote:
> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Hmm, stop+reload is definitely a bug. Can you attach (or email it
> > to me
> > privately, or file a bz with it attached) the above pe-input file
> > with
> > any sensitive info removed?
>
> I sent you the pe-input file privately.  It indeed shows the issue:
>
> $ /usr/sbin/crm_simulate -x pe-input-1033.bz2 -RS
> [...]
> Executing cluster transition:
>  * Resource action: vm-alder        stop on vhbl05
>  * Resource action: vm-alder        reload on vhbl05
> [...]
>
> Hope you can easily get to the bottom of this.
>
> > Nothing's been done about reload yet. It's waiting until we get
> > around
> > to an overhaul of the OCF resource agent standard, so we can define
> > the semantics more clearly. It will involve replacing "unique" with
> > separate meta-data for reloadability and GUI hinting, and possibly
> > changes to the reload operation. Of course we'll try to stay
> > backward-
> > compatible.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation.

This turned out to have the same underlying cause as CLBZ#5309. I have
a fix pending review, which I expect to make it into the soon-to-be-
released 1.1.18.

It is a regression introduced in 1.1.15 by commit 2558d76f. The logic
for reloads was consolidated in one place, but that happened to be
before restarts were scheduled, so it no longer had the right
information about whether a restart was needed. Now, it sets an
ordering flag that is used later to cancel the reload if the restart
becomes required. I've also added a regression test for it.