[ClusterLabs] corosync service not automatically started

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 15:49:18 UTC 2017

Václav Mach napsal(a):

> On 10/10/2017 11:40 AM, Valentin Vidic wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 11:26:24AM +0200, Václav Mach wrote:
>>> # The primary network interface
>>> allow-hotplug eth0
>>> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>>> # This is an autoconfigured IPv6 interface
>>> iface eth0 inet6 auto
>>
>> allow-hotplug or dhcp could be causing problems.  You can try
>> disabling corosync and pacemaker so they don't start on boot
>> and start them manually after a few minutes when the network
>> is stable.  If it works than you have some kind of a timing
>> issue.  You can try using 'auto eth0' or a static IP address
>> to see if it helps...
>>

> It seems that static network configuration really solved this issue. No
> further modifications of services were necessary.

Actually main problem is/was mixing interface section with nodelist and
unavailability of IP when corosync was started.

Without interface section corosync would just show error and properly
exit. So debugging would be easy.

What is quite weird is the fact that whatever init system you use
doesn't wait for dhcp. I believe systemd + NetworkManager with
NetworkManager-server does that properly.

Honza