[ClusterLabs] corosync service not automatically started

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 14:37:48 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-10-10 at 12:24 +0200, Václav Mach wrote:
> On 10/10/2017 11:40 AM, Valentin Vidic wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 11:26:24AM +0200, Václav Mach wrote:
> > > # The primary network interface
> > > allow-hotplug eth0
> > > iface eth0 inet dhcp
> > > # This is an autoconfigured IPv6 interface
> > > iface eth0 inet6 auto
> >
> > allow-hotplug or dhcp could be causing problems.  You can try
> > disabling corosync and pacemaker so they don't start on boot
> > and start them manually after a few minutes when the network
> > is stable.  If it works than you have some kind of a timing
> > issue.  You can try using 'auto eth0' or a static IP address
> > to see if it helps...
> >

> It seems that static network configuration really solved this issue.
> No
> further modifications of services were necessary.
>
> Thanks for help.

Yes, that would be it -- corosync doesn't play well with DHCP. The
lease renewals (even when keeping the same IP) can disrupt corosync
communication. (At least that was the case I last looked into it --
there may have been recent changes to work around it, or that may be
coming in the new kronosnet protocol.)