[ClusterLabs] crm_resource --wait

Leon Steffens leon at steffensonline.com
Mon Oct 9 21:47:57 UTC 2017

> > Pending actions:
> > Action 40: sv_fencer_monitor_60000 on brilxvm44
> > Action 39: sv_fencer_start_0 on brilxvm44
> > Action 38: sv_fencer_stop_0 on brilxvm43
> > Error performing operation: Timer expired
> >
> > It looks like it's waiting for the sv_fencer fencing agent to start
> > on brilxvm44, even though the current transition did not include that
> > move.
>
> crm_resource --wait doesn't wait for a specific transition to complete;
> it waits until no further actions are needed.
>
> That is one of its limitations, that if something keeps provoking a new
> transition, it will never complete except by timeout.

Thanks Ken,

I understand that crm_resource --wait will wait until no further actions
are needed, but I'm not quite sure of:

1) what is triggering this movement of the sv_fencer resource from vm43 to
vm44
2) why is the action only triggered on a CIB update after the wait has
timed out (setting of node property), and not while crm_resource --wait is
waiting.
3) why is crm_resource --wait waiting for this action if it's only
triggered by the setting of a node property after the wait has timed out?
(i.e. why is this action not triggered if the cluster is aware of the
action?)

The sequence of events is:

1) Put node 3 in standby
2) Wait until no further actions are needed
3) Set property on node 1.

I'll see if I can reproduce this in an independent test and then try it
with a later version of Pacemaker.

Regards,
Leon