[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 1.1.18-rc1 now available

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Oct 6 22:57:17 EDT 2017

Source code for the first release candidate for Pacemaker version
1.1.18 is now available at:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/releases/tag/Pacemaker-1.1.18-
rc1

The main goal of this release is to provide a point from which we can
branch off the development of Pacemaker 2.0.0, and to start logging
warnings when legacy configuration syntax to be removed in 2.0.0 is in
use.

Despite that, and only being 3 months after the 1.1.17 release, we have
some interesting new features. The most significant are:

* Bundles are now close to being fully production-ready. They support
all constraint types, and they now support rkt as well as Docker
containers. The only known significant limitation is that cleaning up a
running bundle, or restarting Pacemaker while a bundle is unmanaged or
the cluster is in maintenance mode, may cause the bundle to fail.

* Alerts may now be filtered so that alert agents are called only for
desired alert types, and (as an experimental feature) it is now
possible to receive alerts for transient node attribute changes.

* Status output (including crm_mon, pengine logs, and a new
crm_resource --why option) now has more details about why resources are
in a certain state.

As usual, to support the new features, the CRM feature set has been
incremented. This means that mixed-version clusters are supported only
during a rolling upgrade -- nodes with an older version will not be
allowed to rejoin once they shut down.

For a more detailed list of bug fixes and other changes, see the change
log:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/1.1/ChangeLog

Everyone is encouraged to download, compile and test the new release.
We do many regression tests and simulations, but we can't cover all
possible use cases, so your feedback is important and appreciated.

Many thanks to all contributors of source code to this release,
including Andrew Beekhof, Aravind Kumar, Artur Novik, Bin Liu, Yan Gao,
Hideo Yamauchi, Igor Tsiglyar, Jan Pokorný, Ken Gaillot, Klaus
Wenninger, Nye Liu, and Valentin Vidic.