[ClusterLabs] what does cluster do when 'resourceA with resourceB' happens

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 06:53:23 EDT 2017

hi

I'm reading "An A-Z guide to Pacemaker's Configurations
Options" and in there it read:
"...
So when you are creating colocation constraints, it is
important to consider whether you should
colocate A with B, or B with A.
Another thing to keep in mind is that, assuming A is
colocated with B, the cluster will take into account
A’s preferences when deciding which node to choose for B.
..."

I have a healthy cluster, three nodes, a five resources at
given time running on node1.
Then I create a LVM resource which cluster decides to put on
node2.
Then I do:

$ pcs constraint colocation add resourceA(running at node1)
with aLocalStorage6(newly created, running at node2)

I cluster moves all the resources to node2.

And I say whaaat? Something, guide+reality, does not ad up,
right?

.