[ClusterLabs] Antw: cluster with two ESX server

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 04:36:49 EST 2017

On 11/28/2017 10:18 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:

>> hi at all,
>>
>> in my configuration, the 1st Node run on ESX1, the second run on ESX2. Now
>> I'm looking for a way to configure the cluster fence/stonith with two ESX
>> server - is this possible?

Haven't tried it but don't see obvious reasons why it shouldn't be
possible to have 2 instances of either fence_vmware_rest or soap
each pointing to one of the ESXs.
The fence-agents both support dynamic listing - so you wouldn't
even have to care which VM is running on which ESX.
Probably you have to configure Vcenter so that it still allows access
to the ESXs directly.
Don't know about non RHCS-Style fencing with vmware.

Regards,
Klaus