[ClusterLabs] Hawk vs pcs Web UI

Marek Grac mgrac at redhat.com
Wed Nov 8 05:49:04 EST 2017

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 5:30 PM, David Kent <dtk352 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What is the difference between Hawk and the pcs Web UI? (Why are there two
> projects, not one? Are they targeting different use cases?)
>
> I was surprised to see two Web UI implementations under the same
> ClusterLabs umbrella. I assume there's a reason, but I can't find it. I'm
> running Pacemaker on RHEL, so the pcs Web UI works out of the box. Hawk
> looks like it could run on RHEL with a little work building from source,
> but it's been tricky. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the time, and
> what I might be missing out on.

They are based on different on different backends and different
command-line tools. So although it might be possible to use Hawk on RHEL or
pcs web UI on Suse, it will take two much effort. Just use the UI according
to your command-line utilities.

>From the UI perspective they differ a lot and they focus on different
scenarios but they are heading towards similar goals - full support of
cluster and relevant technologies (qdisk, sbd, storage, ... )

m,