[ClusterLabs] how to set a dedicated fence delay for a stonith agent ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed May 17 08:52:02 EDT 2017

----- On May 17, 2017, at 2:11 PM, Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com wrote:

> 08.05.2017 22:20, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i remember that digimer often campaigns for a fence delay in a 2-node  cluster.
>> E.g. here: http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2013-July/019228.html
>> In my eyes it makes sense, so i try to establish that. I have two HP servers,
>> each with an ILO card.
>> I have to use the stonith:external/ipmi agent, the stonith:external/riloe
>> refused to work.
>>
>> But i don't have a delay parameter there.
>> crm ra info stonith:external/ipmi:
>
> Hi,
>
> There is another ipmi fence agent - fence_ipmilan (part of fence-agents
> package). It has 'delay' parameter.

I don't see that.

crm(live)# ra info stonith:ipmilan
IPMI Over LAN (stonith:ipmilan)

IPMI LAN STONITH device

Parameters (*: required, []: default):

hostname* (string):
    The hostname of the STONITH device

ipaddr* (string): IP Address
    The IP address of the STONITH device

port* (string):
    The port number to where the IPMI message is sent

auth* (string):
    The authorization type of the IPMI session ("none", "straight", "md2", or "md5")

priv* (string):
    The privilege level of the user ("operator" or "admin")

login* (string): Login
    The username used for logging in to the STONITH device

password* (string): Password
    The password used for logging in to the STONITH device

priority (integer, [0]): The priority of the stonith resource. Devices are tried in order of highest priority to lowest.
pcmk_host_argument (string, [port]): Advanced use only: An alternate parameter to supply instead of 'port'
    Some devices do not support the standard 'port' parameter or may provide additional ones.
    Use this to specify an alternate, device-specific, parameter that should indicate the machine to be fenced.
    A value of 'none' can be used to tell the cluster not to supply any additional parameters.

pcmk_host_map (string): A mapping of host names to ports numbers for devices that do not support host names.
    Eg. node1:1;node2:2,3 would tell the cluster to use port 1 for node1 and ports 2 and 3 for node2

pcmk_host_list (string): A list of machines controlled by this device (Optional unless pcmk_host_check=static-list).
pcmk_host_check (string, [dynamic-list]): How to determine which machines are controlled by the device.
    Allowed values: dynamic-list (query the device), static-list (check the pcmk_host_list attribute), none (assume every device can fence every machine)

There is no delay parameter, and all the pcmk_*** parameters are the ones from stonithd, and that one does not have a dedicated delay parameter,
just the pcmk_delay_max parameter which is not fixed but random. Do you have another ipmilan RA ?

I have SLES 11 SP4 boxes, maybe my RA is not recent enough ?

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671