[ClusterLabs] how to set a dedicated fence delay for a stonith agent ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed May 17 07:24:08 EDT 2017

----- On May 10, 2017, at 9:15 PM, Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu wrote:

> On 05/10/2017 01:54 PM, Ken Gaillot wrote:
>> On 05/10/2017 12:26 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
>
>>> - fencing in 2-node clusters does not work reliably without fixed delay
>>
>> Not quite. Fixed delay allows a particular method for avoiding a death
>> match in a two-node cluster. Pacemaker's built-in random delay
>> capability is another method.
>
> Deathmatch is one problem, killing the wrong node (2 nodes, no quorum)
> is another. Fixed delay is digimer's attempt to alleviate the latter,
> so... apples and fruits not entirely unlike apples.
>
> --

Hi,

so what should i do ? Using pcmk_delay_max does not seem to be really reliable.
I don't like the idea of being dependent from a software thinking "which delay i should choose, depending on the ... weather conditions, any mood ..."
I'd like to know what the software is use is doing. Am i the only one having that opinion ?

How do you solve the problem of a deathmatch or killing the wrong node ?

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671