[ClusterLabs] how to set a dedicated fence delay for a stonith agent ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Tue May 9 15:29:54 EDT 2017

----- On May 8, 2017, at 9:20 PM, Bernd Lentes bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i remember that digimer often campaigns for a fence delay in a 2-node  cluster.
> E.g. here: http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2013-July/019228.html
> In my eyes it makes sense, so i try to establish that. I have two HP servers,
> each with an ILO card.
> I have to use the stonith:external/ipmi agent, the stonith:external/riloe
> refused to work.
>
> But i don't have a delay parameter there.
> crm ra info stonith:external/ipmi:

> pcmk_delay_max (time, [0s]): Enable random delay for stonith actions and specify
> the maximum of random delay
>    This prevents double fencing when using slow devices such as sbd.
>    Use this to enable random delay for stonith actions and specify the maximum of
>    random delay.
>
> This is the only delay parameter i can use. But a random delay does not seem to
> be a reliable solution.
>
> The stonith:ipmilan agent also provides just a random delay. Same with the riloe
> agent.
>
> How did anyone solve this problem ?
>
> Or do i have to edit the RA (I will get practice in that :-))?

crm ra info stonith:external/ipmi says there exists a parameter pcmk_delay_max.
Having a look in  /usr/lib64/stonith/plugins/external/ipmi i don't find anything about delay.
Also "crm_resource --show-metadata=stonith:external/ipmi" does not say anything about a delay.

Is this "pcmk_delay_max" not implemented ? From where does "crm ra info stonith:external/ipmi" get this info ?

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671