[ClusterLabs] How to fence cluster node when SAN filesystem fail

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Tue May 2 09:17:38 EDT 2017

On 05/02/2017 02:57 PM, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Upstream documentation on fencing in Pacemaker is available at:
>
> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#idm139683949958512
>
> Higher-level tools such as crm shell and pcs make it easier; see their
> man pages and other documentation for details.
>

> On 05/01/2017 10:35 PM, Albert Weng wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> My environment :
>> (1) two node (active/passive) pacemaker cluster
>> (2) SAN storage attached, add resource type "filesystem"
>> (3) OS : RHEL 7.2
>>
>> In old version of RHEL cluster, when attached SAN storage path lost(ex.
>> filesystem fail),
>> active node will trigger fence device to reboot itself.
>>
>> but when i use pacemaker on RHEL cluster, when i remove fiber cable on
>> active node, all resources failover to passive node normally, but active
>> node doesn't reboot.

That is the default on-fail behavior of pacemaker-operations (==restart -
either on the node itself or another node - except for stop where it is
fence).
Using the on-fail behavior fence as well for start & monitor should give
you the desired behavior as I got it from your description.

Regards,
Klaus