[ClusterLabs] Fwd: Unable to start cluster (Pacemaker/Corosync)

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Tue May 9 19:06:39 UTC 2017

On 09/05/17 09:51 -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On 05/09/2017 02:44 AM, Handra Cs wrote:
>> I am currently trying to configure Pacemaker/Corosync. I managed to
>> install the required packages for the cluster configuration, however I
>> could not start the cluster service. Based on the log file, there was an
>> issue with the directory /var/lib/pacemaker/.
>>
>> I have tried some suggestions from checking the GID of the root user and
>> ensuring the permission of the folder to be owned by hacluster:haclient,
>> unfortunately there was no luck.
>>
>> I am currently using RedHat 6.8. Thank you in advance for the help.
>
> That's odd. The 6.8 packages normally work right out of the box.
> Double-check that /var and /var/lib both exist, are owned by root, and
> have permissions drwxr-xr-x.

You can also check if you see any /var/lib/pacemaker entry in the
output of "rpm -qV pacemaker".  Note that while pacemaker creates
directories like /var/lib/pacemaker/cib with proper permissions and
ownership (early enough) on startup if they don't exist yet, it won't
touch these properties on subsequents starts if the dirs are present.

--
Poki