[ClusterLabs] Fraud Detection Check?

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon May 1 16:01:53 EDT 2017

On 13/04/17 10:30 -0500, Dmitri Maziuk wrote:
> On 2017-04-13 01:39, Jan Pokorný wrote:
>
>> After a bit of a search, the best practice at the list server seems to
>> be:
>>
>>> [...] if you change the message (eg, by adding a list signature or
>>> by adding the list name to the Subject field), you *should* DKIM
>>> sign.
>
> This is of course going entirely off-topic for the list, but DKIM's stated
> purpose is to sign mail coming from *.clusterlabs.org with a key from
> clusterlabs.org's dns zone file. DKIM is not mandatory, so you strip all
> existing dkim headers and then either sign or not, it's up to you.

That'd perhaps be the most convenient DKIM implementation, but the
provided links indicate it's not that straightforward wrt. standards.

> None of this is new. SourceForge list manager, for example, adds SF footers
> *inside* the PGP-signed MIME part, resulting in the exact same "invalid
> signature" problem.

Mainly wanted to note that recently, I've found out that Mailman
2.1.12 (currently used also with this list) is not shining under some
circumstances with PGP/MIME either, but things should be better with
Mailman 3:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/266166/comments/12

if not in 2.1.13 already:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/265967

(yep, this is entirely off-topic, but for posterity...)

--
Jan (Poki)