[ClusterLabs] reset of sticking service in peer node's reboot in Active/Passive configuration

Takehiro Matsushima takehiro.dreamizm at gmail.com
Mon May 1 06:03:16 EDT 2017

Hello Ishii-san,

I could not reproduce the issue in my environment CentOS7 w/ Pacemaker 1.1.15.
Following configuration works fine when reboot a passive node.
(lighttpd is just for example of systemd resource)

---- %< ----
primitive ipaddr IPaddr2 \
        params nic=enp0s10 ip=172.22.23.254 cidr_netmask=24 \
        op start interval=0 timeout=20 on-fail=restart \
        op stop interval=0 timeout=20 on-fail=ignore \
        op monitor interval=10 timeout=20 on-fail=restart
primitive lighttpd systemd:lighttpd \
        op start interval=0 timeout=20 on-fail=restart \
        op stop interval=0 timeout=20 on-fail=ignore \
        op monitor interval=10 timeout=20 on-fail=restart
colocation vip-colocation inf: ipaddr lighttpd
order web-order inf: lighttpd ipaddr
property cib-bootstrap-options: \
        have-watchdog=false \
        dc-version=1.1.15-1.el7-e174ec8 \
        cluster-infrastructure=corosync \
        no-quorum-policy=ignore \
        startup-fencing=no \
        stonith-enabled=no \
        cluster-recheck-interval=1m
rsc_defaults rsc-options: \
        resource-stickiness=infinity \
        migration-threshold=1
---- %< ----

I made sure resources did not restart and did not move by changing
resource-stickiness to some positive values such as 10, 100 and 0.
Also it works replacing colocation and order constraints by "group" constraint.

If you are watching cluster's status by crm_mon, please run with "-t"
option and watch "last-run" in line of "start" operation for each
resource.
If the time is not change when you rebooted a passive node, the
resource should not restarted actually.

Thanks,

Takehiro Matsushima