[ClusterLabs] error: The cib process (17858) exited: Key has expired (127)

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Mar 24 12:15:40 EDT 2017

On 03/24/2017 11:06 AM, Rens Houben wrote:
> I activated debug=cib, and retried.
>
> New log file up at
> http://proteus.systemec.nl/~shadur/pacemaker/pacemaker_2.log.txt
> <http://proteus.systemec.nl/%7Eshadur/pacemaker/pacemaker_2.log.txt> ;
> unfortunately, while that *is* more information I'm not seeing anything
> that looks like it could be the cause, although it shouldn't be reading
> any config files yet because there shouldn't be any *to* read...

If there's no config file, pacemaker will create an empty one and use
that, so it still goes through the mechanics of validating it and
writing it out.

Debug doesn't give us much -- just one additional message before it dies:

Mar 24 16:59:27 [20266] castor        cib:    debug: activateCibXml:
Triggering CIB write for start op

You might want to look at the system log around that time to see if
something else is going wrong. If you have SELinux enabled, check the
audit log for denials.

> As to the misleading error message, it gets weirder: I grabbed a copy of
> the source code via apt-get source, and the phrase 'key has expired'
> does not occur anywhere in any file according to find ./ -type f -exec
> grep -il 'key has expired' {} \; so I have absolutely NO idea where it's
> coming from...

Right, it's not part of pacemaker, it's just the standard system error
message for errno 127. But the exit status isn't an errno, so that's not
the right interpretation. I can't find any code path in the cib that
would return 127, so I don't know what the right intepretation would be.