[ClusterLabs] DRBD promotion based on ping

Victor vixtor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 08:17:39 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have implemented the following pacemaker configuration, and I have a
problem which I don't understand (and all my net searches were in vain,
probably not looking for the correct keywords). If the ping fails on the
Master node, it moves into Slave, but the other node also remains a slave
(is not promoted). Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have also
tried to add a second rule to the location: "rule $role=Master ping:
defined ping", so my location had two rules instead of one, but it still
didn't work.

node 1084803074: db-main \
        attributes standby=off
node 1084803195: db-slave \
        attributes standby=off
primitive DRBD0 ocf:linbit:drbd \
        params drbd_resource=drbd0 \
        op monitor role=Master interval=15s \
        op monitor role=Slave interval=30s \
        op start interval=0 timeout=240s \
        op stop interval=0 timeout=100s
primitive FSDATA Filesystem \
        params device="/dev/drbd0" directory="/data" fstype=ext4 \
        meta target-role=Started
primitive IP IPaddr2 \
        params ip=5.35.208.178 cidr_netmask=32 nic=eth0
primitive MYSQLD mysql \
        params binary="/usr/sbin/mysqld" config="/etc/mysql/my.cnf"
datadir="/var/lib/mysql" pid="/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid"
socket="/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock" user=mysql group=mysql \
        op start timeout=120s interval=0 \
        op stop timeout=120s interval=0 \
        op monitor interval=20s timeout=30s
primitive PING ocf:pacemaker:ping \
        params name=ping multiplier=1000 host_list="192.168.1.1
192.168.1.2" \
        op monitor interval=15s timeout=60s start
group SERVICES FSDATA IP MYSQLD
ms DRBD_MASTER DRBD0 \
        meta notify=true master-max=1 master-node-max=1 clone-max=2
clone-node-max=1 target-role=Master
clone CL_PING PING \
        meta interleave=true
location LOC_DRBD_MASTER_ON_PING DRBD_MASTER \
        rule $role=Master -inf: not_defined ping or ping number:lte 0
order SRV_ORDER Mandatory: DRBD_MASTER:promote SERVICES:start
colocation SRV_RULE inf: DRBD_MASTER:Master SERVICES
property cib-bootstrap-options: \
        have-watchdog=false \
        dc-version=1.1.14-70404b0 \
        cluster-infrastructure=corosync \