[ClusterLabs] Never join a list without a problem...

Kai Dupke kdupke at suse.com
Wed Mar 1 03:55:55 EST 2017

On 02/27/2017 02:26 PM, Jeffrey Westgate  wrote:
> We use Nagios to monitor, and once every 20 to 40 hours - sometimes longer, and we cannot set a clock by it - while the machine is 95% idle (or more according to 'top'), the host load shoots up to 50 or 60%.  It takes about 20 minutes to peak, and another 30 to 45 minutes to come back down to baseline, which is mostly 0.00.

So, you have a time window of ~1h where the system is under load, right?
This is somewhat different to what Ulrich had, but his approach might be
useful for you, too.

Something against running some monitoring and capturing the processes,
process states and load say, every 5 minutes?

Of course, the peaks might correlate to something in the logs - like
cron, logins, logrotates or whatever.

regards,
Kai Dupke
Senior Product Manager
SUSE Linux Enterprise 13
--
Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
Phone:  +49-(0)5102-9310828     Mail: kdupke at suse.com
Mobile: +49-(0)173-5876766      WWW:  www.suse.com

SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)