[ClusterLabs] Notifications on changes in clustered LVM

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Fri Jun 23 13:47:51 EDT 2017

On 20/06/17 10:59 +0200, Ferenc Wágner wrote:
> Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> writes:
>
>> On 19/06/17 11:40 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>>> udev events are sent over netlink, not D-Bus.
>>
>> I've not used that before. Any docs on how to listen for those events,
>> by chance? If nothing off hand, don't worry, I can search.
>
> Or just configure udev to run appropriate programs on the events you're
> interested in.  Less efficient, but simpler.

FYI, in the past, I've experimented with ordinary-user-access based
filtering of the events as obtained from "udevadm monitor", which used
to work happily out of the box:
"https://fedorapeople.org/cgit/jpokorny/public_git/uudev.git/
(in that example, I was running a custom script when the particular
keyboard was attached, I believe).

It's rather a poor man's solution, but the advantage is that it
doesn't require root's privileges for anything, and may suffice for
some use cases (not sure if for yours, Digimer, as well).

--
Jan (Poki)