[ClusterLabs] Installing on SLES 12 -- Where's the Repos?

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Fri Jun 16 15:24:16 EDT 2017

Eric Robinson <eric.robinson at psmnv.com> writes:

>> If you're looking to run without support, you can run openSUSE Leap - it's the
>> closest equivalent to centOS in the SUSE world and the HA packages are all in
>> there.
>>

> Out of curiosity, do the openSUSE Leap repos and packages work with SLES?

I know that there are some base system differences that could cause
problems, things like Leap using systemd/journald for logging while SLES
is still logging via syslog-ng (IIRC)... so it's possible that you could
get into problems if you mix versions. And adding the Leap repositories
to SLES will probably mess things up since both deliver slightly
different versions of the base system.

For SLES, there's now the Package Hub which has open source packages
taken from Leap and confirmed not to conflict with SLES, so you can mix
a supported base system with unsupported open source packages with less
risk for breaking anything:

https://packagehub.suse.com/

Cheers,
Kristoffer