[ClusterLabs] IPMI and APC switched PDUs fencing agents

Jean-Francois Malouin Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 8 20:40:59 UTC 2017

* Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> [20170607 13:09]:
> Hi,

..snip...

> I'm having some difficulties understanding the fencing_topology syntax.
> Making the changes adapted for my local configuration I get the error
> when trying to add the fence topology:
>
> ~# crm configure fencing_topology antonio: fence_antonio_ipmi fence_antonio_psu1_off,fence_antonio_psu2_off,fence_antonio_psu1_on,fence_antonio_psu2_on \
> leonato: fence_leonato_ipmi fence_leonato_psu1_off,fence_leonato_psu2_off,fence_leonato_psu1_on,fence_leonato_psu2_on
> WARNING: fencing_topology: target antonio not a node
> WARNING: fencing_topology: target antonio not a node
> WARNING: fencing_topology: target leonato not a node
> WARNING: fencing_topology: target leonato not a node

In retrospect I should have used the long (fqdn) of the nodes rather
than the short names, which as reportd, are not node names.

> What should I use for the <node> in:
>
> fencing_topology <stonith_resources> [<stonith_resources> ...]
> fencing_topology <fencing_order> [<fencing_order> ...]
>
> fencing_order :: <target> <stonith_resources> [<stonith_resources> ...]
>
> stonith_resources :: <rsc>[,<rsc>...]
> target :: <node>: | attr:<node-attribute>=<value>

I tried to use the node names (fqdn) when adding the fence_topology
resource to the cib but I always got an error from crm telling me of an
invalid DTD/schema. In the end I had to add a 'dummy' attributes to each
nodes (dummy=<node_name>) and use them to create the fence levels, as
in:

    crm configure fencing_topology \
    attr:dummy=node1 fence_node1_ipmi fence_node1_psu1_off,fence_node1_psu2_off,fence_node1_psu1_on,fence_node1_psu2_on \
    attr:dummy=node2 fence_node2_ipmi fence_node2_psu1_off,fence_node2_psu2_off,fence_node2_psu1_on,fence_node2_psu2_on

Is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks,
jf