[ClusterLabs] IPMI and APC switched PDUs fencing agents

Jean-Francois Malouin Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 6 09:52:08 EDT 2017

Hi,

Starting to configure a two-nodes cluster, runnning Debian Jessie 8.8
Stack: corosync, pacemaker version 1.1.15-e174ec8.

I'm confused with the different fencing agents related to IMPI, it seems
that there are a few: external/ipmi, fence_ipmilan, ipmilan.  Right now
I'm using external/ipmi which seems to do the job as far as the little
testing I've done. But can someone explain in what the other agents
differ?

I also have 2 switched PDUs, APC AP7921 that I plan to use as second
stonith devices. Any hints and best practice, docs on how to make this
work in conjonction with the IPMI fencing agent.

thanks,
jf