[ClusterLabs] epic fail

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Jul 24 11:38:40 EDT 2017

On Mon, 2017-07-24 at 17:13 +0200, Kristián Feldsam wrote:
> Hmm, so when you know, that it happens also when putting node standy,
> them why you run yum update on live cluster, it must be clear that
> node will be fenced.

Standby is not necessary, it's just a cautious step that allows the
admin to verify that all resources moved off correctly. The restart that
yum does should be sufficient for pacemaker to move everything.

A restart shouldn't lead to fencing in any case where something's not
going seriously wrong. I'm not familiar with the "kernel is using it"
message, I haven't run into that before.

The only case where special handling was needed before a yum update is a
node running pacemaker_remote instead of the full cluster stack, before
pacemaker 1.1.15.