[ClusterLabs] DRBD or SAN ?

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Mon Jul 17 19:07:01 UTC 2017

Once upon a time, Ian <ian.ninjabadger at gmail.com> said:
> I think a big advantage compared to native replication is that DRBD offers
> synchronous replication at the block level as opposed to the transaction
> level.

However, just like RAID is not a replacement for backups, DRBD is IMHO
not a replacement for database replication.  DRBD would just replicate
database files, so if for example file corruption would be copied from
host to host.  When something provides a native replication system, it
is probably better to use that (or at least use it at one level).

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>