[ClusterLabs] Coming in Pacemaker 1.1.17: container bundles

Valentin Vidic Valentin.Vidic at CARNet.hr
Sat Jul 1 07:47:03 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 12:46:29PM -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> The challenge is that some properties are docker-specific and other
> container engines will have their own specific properties.
>
> We decided to go with a tag for each supported engine -- so if we add
> support for rkt, we'll add a <rkt> tag with whatever properties it
> needs. Then a <bundle> would need to contain either a <docker> tag or a
> <rkt> tag.
>
> We did consider a generic alternative like:
>
>   <container type="docker">
>      <meta_attributes id="docker-meta">
>          <nvpair id="docker-meta-1" name="image" value="pcmk:httpd"/>
>      </meta_attributes>
>   </container>
>
> But it was decided that using engine-specific tags would allow for
> schema enforcement, and would be more readable.

> figured those are essential to the concept of a bundle, and any engine
> should support some way of mapping those.

Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense :)

Now I have a working rkt resource agent and would like to test it.
Can you share the pcmk:httpd image mentioned in the docker example?

--
Valentin