[ClusterLabs] Releasing crmsh version 3.0.0

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Tue Jan 31 09:58:12 EST 2017

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to announce the release of crmsh version 3.0.0 today. The
main reason for the major version bump is because I have merged the
sleha-bootstrap project with crmsh, replacing the cluster
init/add/remove commands with the corresponding commands from
sleha-bootstrap.

At the moment, these commands are highly specific to SLE and openSUSE,
unfortunately. I am working on making them as distribution agnostic as
possible, but would appreciate help from users of other distributions
in making them work as well on those platforms as they do on
SLE/openSUSE.

Briefly, the "cluster init" command configures a complete cluster from
scratch, including optional configuration of fencing via SBD, shared
storage using OCFS2, setting up the Hawk web interface etc.

There are some other changes in this release as well, see the
ChangeLog for the complete list of changes:

* https://github.com/ClusterLabs/crmsh/blob/3.0.0/ChangeLog

The source code can be downloaded from Github:

* https://github.com/ClusterLabs/crmsh/releases/tag/3.0.0

This version of crmsh will be available in openSUSE Tumbleweed as soon
as possible, and packages for several popular Linux distributions are
available from the Stable repository at the OBS:

* http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ha-clustering:/Stable/

Archives of the tagged release:

* https://github.com/ClusterLabs/crmsh/archive/3.0.0.tar.gz
* https://github.com/ClusterLabs/crmsh/archive/3.0.0.zip

As usual, a huge thank you to all contributors and users of crmsh!

Cheers,
Kristoffer

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund