[ClusterLabs] how do I disable/negate resource option?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 18:07:50 UTC 2017

On 01/19/2017 09:52 AM, lejeczek wrote:

> On 19/01/17 15:30, Ken Gaillot wrote:
>> On 01/19/2017 06:30 AM, lejeczek wrote:
>>> hi all
>>>
>>> how can it be done? Is it possible?
>>> many thanks,
>>> L.
>> Check the man page / documentation for whatever tool you're using (crm,
>> pcs, etc.). Each one has its own syntax.
>
> I'd think this would be some built-in logic for a given tool, eg pcs
> which I'm using (as am on 7.x) but no. I don't think an RA option(s) can
> be ignored, or even better disabled.
> I'm looking at specific RA(s) descriptions and nothing like "disable"
> can I find there. Which is a shame, I really thought by design it'd be
> possible. Take CTDB, it's a mess, probably because of the version, in
> rhel.7.x must be newer, with which the CTDB has not kept up, it fails.
> I only started checking HA two days ago, and in my case it's a bit
> discouraging experience with that CTDB. Seems like the only road is to
> inside RA definition files. Is it really or I'm missing something
> fundamental, trivial?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "disable".

If you just want to change the value used for the option, you can do:

  pcs resource update RESOURCE_NAME OPTION_NAME=NEW_VALUE

If you mean that the resource agent is buggy, and you want it not to use
a particular option at all, then that can only be addressed within the
agent. If you're comfortable with shell scripting, you can copy it and
make any necessary changes yourself. Also feel free to open a bug at:

  https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/issues