[ClusterLabs] HALVM problem with 2 nodes cluster

Marco Marino marino.mrc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 14:29:06 UTC 2017

Ferenc, regarding the flag use_lvmetad in
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/LVM I read:

        "#lvmetad is a daemon that caches lvm metadata to improve the
        # performance of LVM commands. This daemon should never be used when
        # volume groups exist that are being managed by the cluster. The
lvmetad
        # daemon introduces a response lag, where certain LVM commands look
like
        # they have completed (like vg activation) when in fact the command
        # is still in progress by the lvmetad.  This can cause reliability
issues
        # when managing volume groups in the cluster.  For Example, if you
have a
        # volume group that is a dependency for another application, it is
possible
        # the cluster will think the volume group is activated and attempt
to start
        # the application before volume group is really accesible...
lvmetad is bad."

in the function LVM_validate_all()
Anyway, it's only a warning but there is a good reason. I'm not an expert,
I'm studying for a certification and I have a lot of doubts.
Thank you for your help
Marco