[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: VirtualDomain started in two hosts

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Wed Jan 18 09:49:44 UTC 2017

Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> writes:

> * When you move the VM, the cluster detects that it is not running on
> the node you told it to keep it running on. Because there is no
> "Stopped" monitor, the cluster doesn't immediately realize that a new
> rogue instance is running on another node. So, the cluster thinks the VM
> crashed on the original node, and recovers it by starting it again.

Ken, do you mean that if a periodic "stopped" monitor is configured, it
is forced to run immediately (out of schedule) when the regular periodic
monitor unexpectedly returns with stopped status?  That is, before the
cluster takes the recovery action?  Conceptually, that would be similar
to the probe run on node startup.  If not, then maybe it would be a
useful resource option to have (I mean running cluster-wide probes on an
unexpected monitor failure, before recovery).  An optional safety check.
Feri