[ClusterLabs] HALVM problem with 2 nodes cluster

Marco Marino marino.mrc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 03:45:57 EST 2017

Hi, I'm trying to realize a cluster with 2 nodes that manages a volume
group.
Basically I have a san connected to both nodes that exposes 1 lun. So both
nodes have a disk /dev/sdb. From one node I did:
fdisk /dev/sdb  <- Create a partition with type = 8e (LVM)
pvcreate /dev/sdb1
vgcreate myvg

then

pcs resource create halvm LVM volgrpname=myvg exclusive=true

Last command fails with an error: "LVM: myvg did not activate correctly"

Reading /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/LVM, this happens because it
seems that I need at least one logical volume inside the volume group
before create the resource. Is this correct?
Furthermore, how can I set volume_list in lvm.conf? Actually in lvm.conf I
have:
locking_type = 1
use_lvmetad = 1
volume_list = [ "vg-with-root-lv" ]