[ClusterLabs] Access denied when using Floating IP

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Jan 6 14:37:54 EST 2017

On 12/26/2016 12:03 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up Highly Available HAProxy Servers with Keepalived and
> Floating IP.  I have the below details
>
> *Master Node keepalived.conf*
>
> global_defs {
> # Keepalived process identifier
> #lvs_id haproxy_DH
> }
> # Script used to check if HAProxy is running
> vrrp_script check_haproxy {
> script "/usr/bin/killall -0 haproxy"
> interval 2
> weight 2
> }
> # Virtual interface
> # The priority specifies the order in which the assigned interface to
> take over in a failover
> vrrp_instance VI_01 {
> state MASTER
> interface eth0
> virtual_router_id 51
> priority 200
> # The virtual ip address shared between the two loadbalancers
> virtual_ipaddress {
> *172.16.0.75/32 <http://172.16.0.75/32>*
> }
> track_script {
> check_haproxy
> }
> }
>
> *Slave Node keepalived.conf*
>
> global_defs {
> # Keepalived process identifier
> #lvs_id haproxy_DH_passive
> }
> # Script used to check if HAProxy is running
> vrrp_script check_haproxy {
> script "/usr/bin/killall -0 haproxy"
> interval 2
> weight 2
> }
> # Virtual interface
> # The priority specifies the order in which the assigned interface to
> take over in a failover
> vrrp_instance VI_01 {
> state BACKUP
> interface eth0
> virtual_router_id 51
> priority 100
> # The virtual ip address shared between the two loadbalancers
> virtual_ipaddress {
> 172.16.0.75/32 <http://172.16.0.75/32>
> }
> track_script {
> check_haproxy
> }
> }
>
> HAProxy Node 1 has two IP Addresses
>
> eth0 :- 172.16.0.20 LAN IP of the box Master Node
> eth0 :- 172.16.0.75 Virtual IP
>
> eth0 :- 172.16.0.21 LAN IP of the box Slave Node
>
> In MySQL server, i have given access for the Floating IP :- 172.16.0.75
>
> *GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'haproxy_check'@'172.16.0.75';
> *
> *GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'haproxy_root'@'172.16.0.75' IDENTIFIED
> BY PASSWORD '*7A3F28E9F3E3AEFDFF87BCFE119DCF830101DD71' WITH GRANT OPTION;*
>
> When i try to connect to the MySQL server using floating IP :- 172.16.0.75,
> I get access denied inspite of giving grant access as per the above
> [...]

People on this list tend to be more familiar with pacemaker clusters
than keepalived, but my guess is that mysql's privileges apply to the IP
address that the user is connecting *from*. Try giving the same
privileges to the user at all other local IPs (or @'%' if you don't mind
allowing connections from anywhere, and use a firewall to block unwanted
connections instead).