[ClusterLabs] Insert delay between the statup of VirtualDomain

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Sat Feb 25 13:35:24 EST 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 08:51:20PM +0100, Oscar Segarra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my environment I have 5 guestes that have to be started up in a
> specified order starting for the MySQL database server.
>
> I have set the order constraints and VirtualDomains start in the right
> order but, the problem I have, is that the second host starts up faster
> than the database server and therefore applications running on the second
> host raise errors due to database connectivity problems.
>
> I'd like to introduce a delay between the startup of the VirtualDomain of
> the database server and the startup of the second guest.

Do you have a way to check if this server is up? If so...
The start action of VirtualDomain won't exit until the monitor
action returns success. And there's a parameter called
monitor_scripts (see the meta-data). Note that these programs
(scripts) are run at the supervisor host and not in the guest.
It's all a bit involved, but should be doable.

Thanks,

Dejan