[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup Probe Issue

Eric Ren zren at suse.com
Thu Feb 16 05:49:26 EST 2017

Hi Ulrich!

On 02/16/2017 03:31 PM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> <ae65ce9d-ef8b-1e13-faf1-217c8a5c0ae0 at suse.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 11/09/2016 12:37 AM, Marc Smith wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> First, I realize ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup comes from the LVM2 package and
>>> not resource-agents, but I'm hoping someone on this list is familiar
>>> with this RA and can provide some insight.
>>>
>>> In my cluster configuration, I'm using ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup to manage
>>> my LVM VG's, and I'm using the cluster to manage DLM and CLVM. I have
>>> my constraints in place and everything seems to be working mostly,
>>> except I'm hitting a glitch with ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup and the initial
>>> probe operation.
>>>
>>> On startup, a probe operation (monitor) is issued for all of the
>>> resources, but ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup is returning OCF_ERR_GENERIC in
>>> VolumeGroup_status() (via VolumeGroup_monitor()) since clvmd hasn't
>>> started yet... this line in VolumeGroup_status() is the trouble:
>>>
>>> VGOUT=`vgdisplay -v $OCF_RESKEY_volgrpname 2>&1` || exit $OCF_ERR_GENERIC
>>>
>>> When clvmd is not running, 'vgdisplay -v name' will always return
>>> something like this:
>>>
>>> --snip--
>>>     connect() failed on local socket: No such file or directory
>>>     Internal cluster locking initialisation failed.
>>>     WARNING: Falling back to local file-based locking.
>>>     Volume Groups with the clustered attribute will be inaccessible.
>>>       VG name on command line not found in list of VGs: biggie
>>>     Volume group "biggie" not found
>>>     Cannot process volume group biggie
>>> --snip--
>>>
>>> And exits with a status of 5. So, my question is, do I patch the RA?
>>> Or is there some cluster constraint I can add so a probe/monitor
>>> operation isn't performed for the VolumeGroup resource until CLVM has
>>> been started?
>>>
>>> Any other advice? Is ocf:heartbeat:LVM or ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup the
>>> more popular RA for managing LVM VG's? Any comments from other users
>>> on experiences using either (good, bad)?
>> I had a little bit experience on "ocf:heartbeat:LVM". Each volume group
>> needs an
>> independent resource agent of it. Something like:
> You mean "an independent resource instance (primitive)"?
Yes, I meant it for "ocf:heartbeat:LVM". And, I cannot find "OCF:lvm2:VolumeGroup" on
SLES.
> One RA should be good for all VGs ;-)
Oh, really? if so, why "params volgrpname" is required?

"""
crm(live)configure# ra info ocf:heartbeat:LVM
Parameters (*: required, []: default):

volgrpname* (string): Volume group name
     The name of volume group.
"""

And I failed to show "OCF:lvm2:VolumeGroup":
"""
crm(live)configure# ra info ocf:lvm2:
ocf:lvm2:clvmd     ocf:lvm2:cmirrord
"""