[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: [Question] About a change of crm_failcount.

renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp
Thu Feb 9 05:24:22 EST 2017

Hi Ken,

> 1. Return a "hard" error such as OCF_ERR_ARGS or OCF_ERR_PERM. When
> Pacemaker gets one of these errors from an agent, it will ban the
> resource from that node (until the failure is cleared).

The first suggestion does not work well.

Even if this returns OCF_ERR_ARGS and OCF_ERR_PERM, it seems to be to be pre_promote(notify) handling of RA.
Pacemaker does not record the notify(pre promote) error in CIB.

 * https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/master/crmd/lrm.c#L2411

Because it is not recorded in CIB, there cannot be the thing that pengine works as "hard error".

> 2. Use crm_resource --ban instead. This would ban the resource from that
> node until the user removes the ban with crm_resource --clear (or by
> deleting the ban consraint from the configuration).

The second suggestion works well.
I intend to adopt the second suggestion.

As other methods, you think crm_resource -F to be available, but what do you think?
I think that last-failure does not have a problem either to let you handle pseudotrouble if it is crm_resource -F.

I think whether crm_resource -F is available, but adopt crm_resource -B because RA wants to completely stop pgsql resource.

``` @pgsql RA

pgsql_pre_promote() {
(snip)
            if [ "$cmp_location" != "$my_master_baseline" ]; then
                ocf_exit_reason "My data is newer than new master's one. New master's location : $master_baseline"
                exec_with_retry 0 $CRM_RESOURCE -B -r $OCF_RESOURCE_INSTANCE -N $NODENAME -Q
                return $OCF_ERR_GENERIC
            fi
(snip)
    CRM_FAILCOUNT="${HA_SBIN_DIR}/crm_failcount"
    CRM_RESOURCE="${HA_SBIN_DIR}/crm_resource"
```

I test movement a little more and send a patch.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.