[ClusterLabs] Corosync ring marked as FAULTY

Denis Gribkov dun at itsts.net
Tue Feb 21 12:26:33 EST 2017

Hi Everyone.

I have 16-nodes asynchronous cluster configured with Corosync redundant
ring feature.

Each node has 2 similarly connected/configured NIC's. One NIC connected
to the public network,

another one to our private VLAN. When I checked Corosync rings
operability I found:

# corosync-cfgtool -s
Printing ring status.
Local node ID 1
RING ID 0
         id      = 192.168.1.54
         status  = Marking ringid 0 interface 192.168.1.54 FAULTY
RING ID 1
         id      = 111.11.11.1
         status  = ring 1 active with no faults

After some time of digging into I identified that if I enable back the
failed ring with command:

# corosync-cfgtool -r

RING ID 0 will be marked as "active" for few minutes, but after it
marked permanently as faulty.

Log has no any useful info, just single message:

corosync[21740]:   [TOTEM ] Marking ringid 0 interface 192.168.1.54 FAULTY

And no any message like:

[TOTEM ] Automatically recovered ring 1

My corosync.conf looks like:

compatibility: whitetank

totem {
         version: 2
         secauth: on
         threads: 4
         rrp_mode: passive

         interface {

                 member {
                         memberaddr: PRIVATE_IP_1
                 }

                 member {
                         memberaddr: PRIVATE_IP_16
                 }

                 ringnumber: 0
                 bindnetaddr: PRIVATE_NET_ADDR
                 mcastaddr: 226.0.0.1
                 mcastport: 5505
                 ttl: 1
         }

        interface {

                 member {
                         memberaddr: PUBLIC_IP_1
                 }

                 member {
                         memberaddr: PUBLIC_IP_16
                 }

                 ringnumber: 1
                 bindnetaddr: PUBLIC_NET_ADDR
                 mcastaddr: 224.0.0.1
                 mcastport: 5405
                 ttl: 1
         }

         transport: udpu

logging {
         to_stderr: no
         to_logfile: yes
         logfile: /var/log/cluster/corosync.log
         logfile_priority: info
         to_syslog: yes
         syslog_priority: warning
         debug: on
         timestamp: on
}

I had tried to change rrp_mode, mcastaddr/mcastport for ringnumber: 0,
but result was the similar.

I checked multicast/unicast operability using omping utility and didn't
found any issues.

Also no errors on our private VLAN was found for network equipment.

Why Corosync decided to disable permanently second ring? How I can debug
the issue?

Other properties:

Corosync Cluster Engine, version '1.4.7'

Pacemaker properties:
  cluster-infrastructure: cman
  cluster-recheck-interval: 5min
  dc-version: 1.1.14-8.el6-70404b0