[ClusterLabs] question about equal resource distribution

Kristoffer Grönlund deceiver.g at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:54:52 UTC 2017

Ilia Sokolinski <ilia at clearskydata.com> writes:

> Thank you!
>
> What quantity does pacemaker tries to equalize - number of running resources per node or total stickiness per node?

I honestly don't know exactly what the criteria are. Without any
utilization definitions for nodes, I *think* it tries to balance the
number of resources per node. But if the resources and nodes have
cpu/memory utilization defined, the rules change. But I'm afraid I
haven't dug into exactly what the logic looks like.

> Suppose I have a bunch of web server groups each with IPaddr and apache resources, and a fewer number of database groups each with IPaddr, postgres and LVM resources.
>
> In that case, does it mean that 3 web server groups are weighted the same as 2 database groups in terms of distribution?

Good question, I think it looks purely at the primitive
resources. Groups are just shorthand for a series of ordering and
placement constraints.

Cheers,
Kristoffer