[ClusterLabs] I question whether STONITH is working.

durwin at mgtsciences.com durwin at mgtsciences.com
Wed Feb 15 13:17:01 EST 2017

I have 2 Fedora VMs (node1, and node2) running on a Windows 10 machine
using Virtualbox.

I began with this.
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/

When it came to fencing, I refered to this.
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/SBD_Fencing

To the file /etc/sysconfig/sbd I added these lines.
SBD_OPTS="-W"
SBD_DEVICE="/dev/sdb1"
I added 'modprobe softdog' to rc.local

After getting sbd working, I resumed with Clusters from Scratch, chapter
8.3.
I executed these commands *only* one node1.  Am I suppose to run any of
these commands on other nodes? 'Clusters from Scratch' does not specify.
pcs cluster cib stonith_cfg
pcs -f stonith_cfg stonith create sbd-fence fence_sbd devices="/dev/sdb1"
port="node2"
pcs -f stonith_cfg property set stonith-enabled=true
pcs cluster cib-push stonith_cfg

I then tried this command from node1.
stonith_admin --reboot node2

Node2 did not reboot or even shutdown. the command 'sbd -d /dev/sdb1 list'
showed node2 as off, but I was still logged into it (cluster status on
node2 showed not running).

I rebooted and ran this command on node 2 and started cluster.
sbd -d /dev/sdb1 message node2 clear

If I ran this command on node2, node2 rebooted.
stonith_admin --reboot node1

What have I missed or done wrong?

Thank you,

Durwin F. De La Rue
Management Sciences, Inc.
6022 Constitution Ave. NE
Albuquerque, NM  87110
Phone (505) 255-8611

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary and/or confidential
information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from
disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the
sender by reply email and destroy the original message and any copies of
the message as well as any attachments to the original message.