[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: [Question] About a change of crm_failcount.

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Thu Feb 9 17:04:41 UTC 2017

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr at dalibo.com> writes:

> PAF use private attribute to give informations between actions. We
> detect the failure during the notify as well, but raise the error
> during the promotion itself. See how I dealt with this in PAF:
>
> https://github.com/ioguix/PAF/commit/6123025ff7cd9929b56c9af2faaefdf392886e68

This is the first time I hear about private attributes.  Since they
could come useful one day, I'd like to understand them better.  After
some reading, they seem to be node attributes, not resource attributes.
This may be irrelevant for PAF, but doesn't it mean that two resources
of the same type on the same node would interfere with each other?
Also, your _set_priv_attr could fall into an infinite loop if another
instance used it at the inappropriate moment.  Do I miss something here?
--
Thanks,
Feri