[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: crm shell: How to display properties?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Feb 7 07:50:03 UTC 2017

Nachricht <87shnrpnnn.fsf at suse.com>:

>> <65fbbdf9-f820-63e7-fe02-1d1acefc587c at suse.com>:
>>> Hi Ulrich:
>>>
>>>        "crm configure show" can display what you set for properties.
>>>
>>>        Do you find another way?
>>
>> Yes,, but it shows the while configuration. If your configuration is long,

> the
>> output can be very long.
>> What I'm talking about is:
>> crm(live)configure# show property
>> ERROR: object property does not exist
>> crm(live)configure# show pe-error-series-max
>> ERROR: object pe-error-series-max does not exist
>>
>> But I found out: This one works: "crm(live)configure# show
>> cib-bootstrap-options".
>>

> You can also use
>
>     crm configure show type:property
>
> If you follow the *-options naming convention, you can do
>
>     crm configure show \*options

Thanks Kristoffer,

I didn't know about both solutions. However I was thinking about the syntax:
We have "commands to add settings (primitive, property, location, ...),
commands to display settings (show),  commands to change settings (edit), and
commands to remove settings (delete).
Obviously the biggest asymmetry is between adding and displaying settings.
Mostly because you need the type for the setting.
What about using a uniform "add type:XXX ..." to add settings. So for setting
a new properties it might replace "property xx=yy" with "add type:property
xx=yy" while changing an existing property could be "edit xx" (with unique
names the type for edit is obvious) or "set type:property xx=yy". A question is
whether to use separate "add" for new settings and "set" for changing existing
settings.

Just some thoughts on the topic...

Regards,
Ulrich