[ClusterLabs] Fence agent for VirtualBox

Jihed M'selmi jihed.mselmi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:06:18 UTC 2017

Tahnks for the share. I tried to implement it by adding the script
fence_virtual  under /usr/sbin (chmod +x).

I configure the stonith on both nodes but, I can't fence nodes. any
thoughts ?

 Resource: fence_vbox2 (class=stonith type=fence_virtualbox)
  Attributes: ipaddr=192.168.1.77
  Operations: monitor interval=60s (fence_vbox2-monitor-interval-60s)
 Resource: fence_vbox1 (class=stonith type=fence_virtualbox)
  Attributes: ipaddr=192.168.1.77
  Operations: monitor interval=60s (fence_vbox1-monitor-interval-60s)
[root at node1 ~]# pcs stonith fence node2
Error: unable to fence 'node2'
Command failed: No such device

Cluster name: mycluster
Stack: corosync
Current DC: node1 (version 1.1.15-11.el7-e174ec8) - partition with quorum
Last updated: Mon Feb  6 19:03:50 2017        Last change: Mon Feb  6
18:56:19 2017 by root via cibadmin on node1

2 nodes and 2 resources configured

Online: [ node1 node2 ]

Full list of resources:

 fence_vbox2    (stonith:fence_virtualbox):    Started node1
 fence_vbox1    (stonith:fence_virtualbox):    Started node2

Daemon Status:
  corosync: active/enabled
  pacemaker: active/enabled
  pcsd: active/enabled