[ClusterLabs] restart of one instance of a clone resource causes restart of dependent resources

Daniel lasceen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 05:02:01 EST 2017

Hi All,

I'm having issues with a ordering constraint with a clone resource in
pacemaker v1.1.14.
- I have a resourceA-clone (running on 2 nodes: node1 and node2).
- then I have 2 other resources: resourceB1 (allowed to run on node1 only)
and resourceB2 (allowed to run on node2 only).
- finally constraints:
--- start resourceA-clone then start resourceB1 (kind:Mandatory)
--- start resourceA-clone then start resourceB2 (kind:Mandatory)

Resources B need at least one instance of resourceA to be available to work
properly.
But in case one instance/clone of resourceA is restarted - it causes a
restart of the local resourceB.

Can this behavior be disabled (keeping the start order constraint globally)
?

thank you in advance for any feedback!

best regards
Daniel