[ClusterLabs] Huge amount of files in /var/lib/pacemaker/pengine

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 20:19:34 UTC 2017

On 02/02/2017 12:49 PM, Oscar Segarra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A lot of files appear in /var/lib/pacemaker/pengine and fulls my hard disk.
>
> Is there any way to avoid such amount of files in that directory?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Pacemaker saves the cluster state at each calculated transition. This
can come in handy when investigating after a problem occurs, to see what
changed and how the cluster responded.

The files are not necessary for cluster operation, so you can clean them
as desired. The cluster can clean them for you based on cluster options;
see pe-error-series-max, pe-warn-series-max, and pe-input-series-max:

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-cluster-options.html