[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: pacemaker with sbd fails to start if node reboots too fast.

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 02:30:59 EST 2017

01.12.2017 22:36, Gao,Yan пишет:
> On 11/30/2017 06:48 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

>>> The 2 x msgwait is not for confirmations but for writing the poison-pill
>>> and for
>>> having it read by the target-side.
>>
>> Yes, of course, but that's not what Urlich likely intended to say.
>> msgwait must account for worst case storage path latency, while in
>> normal cases it happens much faster. If fenced node could acknowledge
>> having been killed after reboot, stonith agent could return success much
>> earlier.
> How could an alive man be sure he died before? ;)

It does not need to. It simply needs to write something on startup to
indicate it is back.

Actually, fenced side already does it - it clears pending message when
sbd is started. It is fencing side that simply unconditionally sleeps
for msgwait:

        if (mbox_write_verify(st, mbox, s_mbox) < -1) {
                rc = -1; goto out;
        }
        if (strcasecmp(cmd, "exit") != 0) {
                cl_log(LOG_INFO, "Messaging delay: %d",
                                (int)timeout_msgwait);
                sleep(timeout_msgwait);
        }

What if we do not sleep but rather periodically check slot for
acknowledgement for msgwait timeout? Then we could return earlier.