[ClusterLabs] Issue with DRBD + a systemd resource

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 16:56:09 UTC 2017

On 14/12/17 17:25 +0100, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 14/12/17 10:49 -0500, Julien Semaan wrote:
>> Great success!
>>
>> Adding the following line to /usr/lib/systemd/system/pacemaker.service did
>> it:
>> After=dbus.service
>
> [...]
>
> Anyway, the change is seemingly straightfoward, but few things
> should be answered/investigated first:
> - After=dbus.service or rather After=dbus.socket (or both)?
> - mere After=, or combined with other relationship modifying
>   directives
>   - Wants=, Requires= ... what's the expected behaviour when
>     DBus crashes (or is it merely hypothetical because then
>     whole systemd is in trouble then?)
>   - should DBus reloads somehow affect pacemaker?
> - (insert some other questions that are not currently
>   coming to mind of rather inexpert person)

Also, after having a look at dbus.service, this is rather a virtual
follow-up for a recent topic[1], but I'll stick it here:
we should likely also add OOMScoreAdjust=<some negative value> to
deprioritize pacemaker and it's managed services from being evaluated
too bad to continue running in OOM scenario.  It would then be wise
to keep that negative value still above that of DBus and possibly
of corosync (if it is to receive that as well).
Or does it sound as a bad idea?

[1] http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/users/2017-November/006817.html

--
Jan (Poki)