[ClusterLabs] Corosync and pacemaker token thresholds with Juniper CoS

Brad Zynda bradley.v.zynda at nasa.gov
Mon Dec 4 08:25:32 EST 2017

Hello,

I was hoping someone could explain the use of thresholds in
communication between HA/Cluster members, more specifically their use of
ping and latency.

We have noticed issues with ICMP latency gathering in other services and
hardware and are wondering if this could be the case with the token
timeouts we are seeing from corosync log events.

We have increased the token amount from 1200 to 2000.

We are still seeing issues with token timeout increase warnings and

corosync[1256]: [TOTEM ] A processor failed, forming new configuration.

Could this all be related to
https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB28157

Now just to add some more info specific to the article we are seeing 100
to 1000 not just 10 (maybe downplayed via the article)

and if so can corosync/pacemaker be used with tcping vs ping?

Thanks,
Brad