[ClusterLabs] big trouble with a DRBD resource

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Thu Aug 10 15:04:46 EDT 2017

----- On Aug 10, 2017, at 2:11 PM, Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com wrote:

> if you use crmsh "interactively",
> crmsh does implicitly use a shadow cib,
> and will only commit changes once you "commit",
> see "crm configure help commit"

Hi,

i tested it:
First try:

crm(live)# configure primitive prim_Dummy ocf:heartbeat:Dummy \
   > op monitor timeout=20 interval=10 \
   > meta target-role=Started

crm(live)# configure commit
INFO: apparently there is nothing to commit
INFO: try changing something first

After the "configure primitive ..." the resource was prompt available and running (checked with crm_mon on the other node), BEFORE the commit.
As you see, the commit is ineffective.

Second try:
crm(live)configure#  primitive prim_Dummy ocf:heartbeat:Dummy \
   >    op monitor timeout=20 interval=10 \
   >    meta target-role=Started
crm(live)configure# commit
crm(live)configure#

Here the resource was available and running AFTER the commit. And the commit didn't complain.

In both cases i'm inside crmsh.
The difference is that i always enter the complete command from the highest level of crm. This has the advantage that i can execute any command from the history directly.
And this has a kind of autocommit.
If i would enter a lower level, then my history is less useless. I always have to go to the respective level before executing the command from the history.
But then i have to commit.
Am i the only one who does it like this ? Nobody stumbled across this ?
I always wondered about my ineffective commit, but never got the idea that such a small difference is the reason.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671