[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: from where does the default value for start/stop op of a resource come ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Aug 2 12:32:45 EDT 2017

----- On Aug 2, 2017, at 10:42 AM, Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de wrote:

> I thought the cluster does not perform actions that are not defined in the
> configuration (e.g. "monitor").

I think the cluster performs and configures automatically start/stop operations if not defined it the resource,
but a monitor op has to be configured explicitly, to my knowledge.

>> 2. Set timeouts for any operations that have defaults in the RA
>>    meta-data?
>>
>> What most people seem to expect is 2), but it sounds like what you are
>> expecting is 1). Crmsh can't read minds, so it would have to pick one or
>> the other.

Yes, i expected the cluster chooses the "defaults" from the meta-data of the RA..

>> Another thing to consider is that if RA meta-data is preferred over the
>> global default timeout, then the global default timeout wouldn't be used
>> at all for operations that happen to have default timeouts in the
>> meta-data. That seems surprising as well to me.

Yes. You configure global defaults, but they are not used. Confusing.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671