[ClusterLabs] Antw: After reboot each node thinks the other is offline.

Stephen Carville (HA List) 62d2a7ca at opayq.com
Tue Aug 1 04:05:00 EDT 2017

On 07/31/2017 11:13 PM, Ulrich Windl [Masked] wrote:

>> I am experimenting with pacemaker for high availability for some load
>> balancers.  I was able to sucessfully get two CentOS (6.9) machines
>> (scahadev01da and scahadev01db) to form a cluster and the shared IP was
>> assigned to scahadev01da.  I simulated a failure by halting the primary
>> and the secondary eventually noticed bringing up the shared IP on its
>> eth0.  So far, so good.
>>
>> A problem arises when the primary comes back up and, for some reason,
>> each node thinks the other is offline.  This leads to both nodes adding
>
> If a node thinks the other is unexpectedly offline, it will fence it, and then it will be offline! Thus the IP can't run there. I guess you have no fencing configured, right?

No. I didn't realize it was necessary unless there was shared storage
involved.  I guess it is time to go back to the drawing board.  Can
clustering even be done reliably on CentOS 6?  I have no objection to
moving to 7 but I was hoping I could get this up quicker than building
out a bunch of new balancers.

On a related note: I tried rebooting both nodes and each node still
thinks the other is offline.  For future reference is there a way to
clear that?